OUR CLUBS

Charles Town, WV

Chartered in 1997, the Jefferson County Club was founded by community members with the desire to provide programming for young people in their community.

 

Opening with just 12 members, the club's first home was Zion Episcopal Church. From these humble beginnings, the Club relocated to 334 North Lawrence Street, where for nearly a year, the club operated out of a trailer on the grounds until the new facility renovations were completed in 1998.

 

Growing from the original 12 members, the Jefferson County Club now  serves over 300 youth each year.

Martinsburg, WV

From a parking lot near the City Police Station, the Martinsburg-Berkeley County Club has grown into one of the largest clubs in WV,  serving over 700 members each year. 

 

Initally financed by passing the hat between the founders, coupled with partial funding by Austin Cummings, the Boys Club, as it was known, was chartered in 1965.

 

Boxing, basketball and swimming pulled in teens boys from the city and prevented them from getting into trouble. In 1975, the club relocated to 105 West John Street, it's current location.

 

From Jack Beaver's basketball teams, "The, United, Givers, and Fund," developed a basketball program that would give birth to an Olympian, Vickie Bullet.  Scott Nagley was the first of many of Mr. Murphy's photography students to win the Boys & Girls Club National Image Makers Annual Photography Contest. 

 

Over the last fifty years, thousands of youth have walked through the halls of the Martinsburg-Berkeley County Boys & Girls Club. Alumni include professional boxer, Noah "Dukie" Green, former professional baseball player, Scottie Bullet, City Councilman, Don Anderson, and State Senator, John Unger. Many of the Alumni have gone onto have great futures. 

Morgan County Unit

Chartered in 1996, the Morgan County club was founded by community members with the desire to provide the young people in their community a safe place.

 

Opening with just eight members, the Morgan County Club has since grown to serve over 200 members each year. 

Please reload

Call Us: (304) 263-1832  /   info@bgcepwv.org   /  PO Box 1184 Martinsburg, WV 25402

© 2015-2016 by Boys & Girls Club of the Eastern Panhandle